You need to enter the license number and the product code in the validation process when you are trying to install QuickBooks Desktop. Any damage or corruption in the encrypted file containing the information will trigger an error to crop up on your screen. In such a situation, deleting the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information will resolve the error or issue with your QuickBooks Desktop.
Otherwise, you can call on the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number and ask the QuickBooks ProAdvisors to help you out.
These errors or issues can be resolved if you delete the entitlement file:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” pops-up on your screen after you subscribe and sync.
- Errors that come up on your screen while re-configuring your edition of QuickBooks.
- When Sync License Data Online is grayed out and unclickable.
- Edit List link is not in No Company Open window
Note: These are not the only errors or issues that can be fixed by deleting the entitlement file. For more information dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Delete The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Exit your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that no QuickBooks processes are running in the background.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
- If you are using Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Click on the Process Name header to Sort the processes alphabetically.
- Search for all instances of QBW32.EXE.
- Select al the instances and click on End Task.
- Open the entitlement data folder for your QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key and R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) in the run window and press Enter. The location is same for all QuickBooks versions for Microsoft Windows.
- Search EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Right-click on the file and select Delete.
- Choose Yes to confirm that you want to delete the file.
- Open your company file again and follow the instructions on your screen to register the application.
These are the steps that are involved in deleting the entitlement file to resolve QuickBooks Error and Issues. If the steps mentioned above did not work for you, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number 1888-557-6950 and ask for assistance from the QuickBooks Technical Department. They will look into the matter and advise you accordingly.
You can also send a descriptive email with screenshots attached to it to the QuickBooks Tech Support Team to get a resolution on the email.