Error Code -6177,0 is classified as a Critical error and it should not be taken lightly. It can damage the QuickBooks software and the Company Data file if not resolved quickly.
QuickBooks is indubitably a state of the art software which is competent of handling all the tasks which are involved in managing a small or mid-sized business. One can use QuickBooks to automate the redundant tasks to save the time, effort and resources. Intuit claims QuickBooks to be software which is error free. Well, if you are reading this article that means it is not. We are a leading Tech Support Services provider for QuickBooks Accounting software and we publish detailed step-by-step guides for manually resolving all sorts of QuickBooks Errors & Issues.
But if you want to get rid of this error as quickly as possible then simply dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 and speak to our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
This error pops-up on your computer when you are trying to open up your Company Data file. You will get this error message on your screen:
“QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)”
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177,0?
We will only recommend this step to those individuals who are skilled in troubleshooting issues and are well-versed with QuickBooks. If you are not versed with troubleshooting techniques then let us fix this error for you.
Note: Ensure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
Take a backup of your Company Data file before you proceed to the solutions as a fail-safe option. If you do not know how to take a backup then read: How To Create A QuickBooks Backup File
Solution 1: Move the file to the local hard drive
- Choose to move the file from the server to your local storage device.
- Now, open this file in your QuickBooks from the C drive.
- Make a portable file and choose to save it to the C drive as well.
- Now, close the company file.
- You have to now restore the portable file from the C drive and then save it to the server.
- Close the company file.
- Now, open the company file from the server.
- The error -6177,0 should be fixed now. If it did not then move on to the next step.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
Download, install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor. It was earlier called QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool so do not get confused. QuickBooks File Doctor can be used to resolve networking and company file errors. This tool can be utilized for fixing errors like QuickBooks Error 6138 1005, error code 6150 1006 etc.
Read more about this tool by clicking here: QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 3: Configure the QuickBooks Database Manager:
- Tap on the Windows Start button and go to Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Note: If you are using the Windows 8 operating system then press the Windows key on your keyboard and type QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Tap on the Add Folder option.
- Look for the folder which contains the QuickBooks Desktop company file/s.
- Now, click on OK.
- Click on the Scan button.
- You will get a list of Company files that your QBDBSM is hosting.
- Once the scan is complete, tap on Close.
Solution 4: Open the Company file through local path
It has been noted by us that the Company files which are opened on the hosting workstation via a mapped drive can occasionally trigger the QuickBooks -6177, 0 error code. If you wish to verify that your company file is mapped to a network drive or not then follow these steps:
- Press Windows+E simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Computer window.
- If your QuickBooks company file folder shows-up in Network Locations or Network Devices, right-click the folder and choose Properties.
- If Network Drive is selected as the Type then it is a mapped drive.
- Open the company file via a local drive.
Tech Support For QuickBooks Error -6177,0
If you have any question on your mind regarding QuickBooks Error -6177,0 or are facing any technical difficulty while fixing QuickBooks Code Error -6177,0 , feel free to get in touch with the most trusted QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 247phonenumber.com. Simply dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-557-6950 and let the QuickBooks ProAdvisor take care of the error. We have garnered the confidence and the respect of our QuickBooks Users because of our swift resolutions and 24×7 support services.
You also make use of the Live Chat Support to contact the Technical Team. Just click on the Chat icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen to use the Live Chat Support Services.