Are you facing the message “Error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook” on your QuickBooks screen?
Read this article to the very end to understand why you are facing this problem and how you can resolve it manually. If you are looking for instant solution for QuickBooks Can’t Send Email problem, call us on our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1-888-557-6950.
You may run into this problem because of:
- Improper email settings in QuickBooks.
- Corruption or damage in the MAPI32.dll file.
- Using QuickBooks in the administrator mode.
- A damaged QuickBooks installation can trigger email problems in QuickBooks.
- Your outlook installation has damage on it.
- Your outlook is running in the background when you are trying to send email from your QB desktop software.
How To Fix QuickBooks Can’t Send Email Problem?
There are 5 solutions to fix this problem. Start from the first and check if you are able to send email from your QuickBooks. If not, move on to the next solution.
Solution 1: Ensure That QuickBooks Is Not Running In Administrator Mode
- Go to your desktop and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose “Properties” from the menu.
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- Unmark “Run this program as Administrator” option.
Note: In case, Run this program as Administrator option is grayed out, then firstly choose the “Show Settings for All Users”.
- Click on Okay.
- Close the window and restart your QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Ensure That Your Email Preference Is Set Correctly In QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks and head to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms.
- Now, choose the My Preferences tab.
- Choose “QuickBooks Email” and click on OK.
- Select Edit > Preferences.
- Choose Outlook and then click on OK.
- Now, close all the windows of QuickBooks and other programs that are running in the background.
- Restart your Computer.
- Now, you can email the report or transaction.
Solution 3: Ensure That Your Email Preference Is Set Correctly In Internet Explorer
- Close your QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Now, choose Tools > Internet Options and tap on the Programs tab.
- Ensure that proper and accurate email is configured as the default email program. If you want to send email utilizing your outlook account, make sure that it is selected.
- Close the Internet Explorer window.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to email the report or transaction, if you are still unable to send the email, move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Test And Repair Your MAPI32.dll
Note: This solution is highly technical and should only be performed by someone who is versed with troubleshooting.
Use Word To Test MAPI32.dll Functionality
- Reboot your computer to close all the programs that are running in the background.
- Open a word document from the start menu.
- Go to File > Send > Email as PDF Attachment.
- If you encounter no errors or issues, contact QuickBooks Experts.
- If you encounter any error or problem while attaching the document, get in touch Microsoft Help and Support to fix any issues with your outlook account, office configurations, and MAPI settings as well.
- When the problem is fixed and you are able to send email from MS word, try to email the report from QuickBooks.
- Open windows task manager and close all the active programs.
- Press the windows key and the Start Menu will appear on your desktop. Choose “Computer” and head to C:\Windows\System32.
- Look for Fixmapi.exe and double-click on it. Follow the instructions which appear on your screen.
- Wait for the Fixmapi.exe to finish and reboot your computer.
You must follow these steps if fixing MAPI32.dll did not resolve the issue.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard to open the Windows Task Manager. Go to the processes tab and close all the processes.
- Open File explorer and head to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\ 1033.
- Search for the MAPI32.dll file and right-click on it.
- Choose Rename from the menu and add old to the end of the file name.
- Reboot your computer and choose to Run Fixmapi.exe again.
- Wait for the process to get complete and reboot your computer again.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
In this step, you will learn how to completely uninstall (“clean install”) QB Desktop on your computer. This step is necessary when you want to resolve company files issues. You do not have to worry about your data because it is not involved in the process.
You can learn more about this by clicking here: Reinstall QuickBooks For Windows Using Clean Install
Get QuickBooks Help & Support
Manually resolving of technical errors like QuickBooks Can’t Send Email consumes too much time and effort. The QuickBooks Experts of 247supportphonenumber can help you save your time, money and effort, contact us today on QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 for a quick fix of errors and issues in QuickBooks.
You can also reach us from the Intuit QuickBooks Live Chat Support service.