Intuit designed QuickBooks as a solution for all the accounting and finance management related tasks that all small-medium sized business have to go through repeatedly. QuickBooks works on a very intricate algorithm and it is imperative that you strictly follow the guidelines that have been laid out by QuickBooks Experts for a smooth experience of QuickBooks. If you do not follow the guidelines it is possible that you will run into errors and issues with your QuickBooks.
In that case, you can choose to get in touch with the QuickBooks Professionals by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number. If you wish to fix the error manually then you can search the error code on our website and follow the steps mentioned in the respective article.
In this article, we will be discussing the QuickBooks Error 15222 in detail. After going through this article you will be able to resolve this error manually and also prevent it from popping up in the future.
QuickBooks Users most often face this error when they are trying to download a QuickBooks Payroll or a QuickBooks Desktop update.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 15222
- A third-party application/software like Anti-spyware, Anti-adware, Anti-malware or Anti-virus installed on your system sees QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat and is preventing the QuickBooks process from running.
- The Digital Signatures stored on your Internet Explorer (I.E) no longer work.
- Internet Explorer is not set as your default browser which is vital for QuickBooks to function properly.
Note: You need to have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription in order to use QuickBooks Payroll.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error 15222?
Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors recommend that you follow the given resolutions for an effective result. You need not go through all the resolutions. Move on to the next resolution if the current one does not work for you.
Solution 1: If you are using an Anti-Virus, Anti-adware, Anti-malware or antivirus software then follow these steps:
Go to the settings of the software/application and Update these programs to allow the following exceptions:
- qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe processes
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and Payroll.com domains
Solution 2: Install a digital signature certificate on your Internet Explorer
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and return to the Home screen.
Note: Digital Signatures are not visible if your QuickBooks is running on your desktop.
- Search for the file QBW32.exe on your computer. You can also go to location C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks manually where the file is stored.
- Go to the properties of the QBW32.exe file by right-clicking on it.
- Click on the Digital Signature tab.
- Verify that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Click on Details.
- Go to the Digital Signature Details window and click on View Certificate.
- Now, go to the Certificate window.
- Click on Install Certificate.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and keep clicking on Next and then click on Finish.
- Reboot your computer once you are done with Digital Signatures.
- Open your QuickBooks again on your screen.
- Try to download the update again and if you are still getting the error on your screen then move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Verify your Internet connection settings
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Navigate to the General tab, choose Delete.
- Choose Temporary Internet files and click on Delete.
- Go to the Connections tab, choose LAN settings.
- Mark the checkbox next to Automatically Detect Settings.
- Ensure that Proxy servers are blank.
- Choose Ok twice.
- Go the Advanced tab.
- Verify that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are selected.
- If selected, remove the box next to Check for publisher’s certificate.
- Go to the Advanced tab again and scroll to the bottom.
- Verify that TLS 1.2 is not checked. If marked, empty the checkbox.
Support Services for QuickBooks
These are all the solutions that are recommended by our QuickBooks ProAdvisors for resolving the QuickBooks Error 15222. If you have any questions or queries regarding QuickBooks, then you can contact the certified QuickBooks Tech Experts by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-557-6950. You can also use the Live Chat Support box on our website 247phonenumber.com to chat with the Intuit Certified QuickBooks Experts.