How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
QuickBooks is undoubtedly a great Accounting and Financial management software with highly useful tools and features. It also comes with a simple and easy to understand User Interface. But what most people would not tell you is that it is also prone to errors and issues. These Errors can hamper your work and disturb your mental peace.
You can dial on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-557-6950 and get help from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors 24×7.
QuickBooks Error code 6189 816 lists a series of error codes that occurs while opening a company file. This error belongs to the 6000 series of errors which we have covered in our previous article. You might run into this error when you are trying to open or create a company file. In both the cases, the company file will not open on your screen and you will not be able to do your daily tasks.
The Error codes associated with the issue are:
6. QuickBooks Error -6189, -85.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 6189
- A disparity in the transaction log file (.tlg)
- The Company file is damaged or corrupt
- You do not have enough permissions for the Windows user account, QBDataServiceUserXX
- Opening a company file in the outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop. Upgrade your QB to the latest version to get rid of this error.
How To Fix QB Error Code 6189 816?
We have seen that most Users who run into this error are using an outdated version of QB on their system. We always recommend the Users to keep their QB updated to the latest release so that they can have an error-free and smooth experience of using QuickBooks.
If even after upgrading your QuickBooks this error is not resolved the follow the two solutions that we have mentioned below. Follow the second solution if the first solution does not work for you.
Note: Remember to create a Backup of the Company file before following any resolution.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool which is developed by Intuit. It was earlier known as Connection Diagnostic Tool. Go to the official website and download this tool. Once it is downloaded, go to downloads folder and double-click on the file to install QB File Doctor on your system. Run the tool to scan and diagnose your QuickBooks file to verify the cause of the error and fix it.
We have written a more thorough article on this and you read it by clicking here: QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 2: Resolve Manually -6189, XX (series error codes)
- Rename the transaction log file (.tlg)
- Check the user permissions allocated to QBDataServiceUserXX for your version of QuickBooks
- Make sure that the QuickBooks files are not encrypted.
- Copy the QuickBooks file and paste it on your desktop.
- Now, open the file straight from your desktop.
- If the file can be opened from the desktop that implies that the folder in which the file was earlier stored is damaged.
- If other Users can log in from different workstations then you will need to fix the data damage
- If log in from other workstations is not possible then you can open a sample company file and restore a backup of your company file.
Help & Technical Support For Intuit Error Code 6189
The solutions mentioned above are recommended by the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 247phonenumber. They are certified by Intuit to work on QuickBooks. We have hired only the best and the most experienced QuickBooks Experts to provide you with instant solutions for all the QuickBooks Errors.
Pick up your phone and dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 to connect with the Experts. Our Support line numbers are active 24×7 to provide you swiftly with support services.
You can also reach us by using the Chat Support Services from our website.