The QuickBooks Error C=1304 shows up on your screen when you are trying to update your QuickBooks or installing the application. The error also comes with an error message which reads “Error writing to file(filename) .” Make sure that you have the permissions to access the folder.
Note: Call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors if you are not somebody who is well versed with technical nuances of QuickBooks
Causes of The QuickBooks Error C=1304
- The CD drive is one of the major culprits of this error.
- You are using a damaged CD for installation.
- The Microsoft .net component is damaged or missing on your computer.
Analysis of Error code C:1304
This error is very common and has been reported numerous times by the Users. It is triggered by a damaged or broken Microsoft .net component. To fix this issue, move the installation folders from the CD to the hard drive and then install QuickBooks on your system. You would not face this issue if you attempt to install QuickBooks from the copied folder.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
Solution 1: Use Installation CD
- Insert the official QuickBooks Installation CD into the CD drive.
- Close the Installer if it runs automatically.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button on the bottom-right side of your screen.
- Select Explore from the menu.
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Copy the Installation files from the CD to the newly created folder.
Note: If you are receiving any error while copying the files then the CD might be damaged or the CD drive is not working.
- Install QuickBooks from the files pasted in the newly created folder.
- Open the folder on the desktop.
- Look for the setup file.
- Double-click on the setup files to run the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the process and click on all positive prompts only.
Solution 2: Manual Restore (advanced method)
- Restart your computer and log in as the System Administrator.
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and then System Restore.
- Now, Choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- Click on Next.
- Choose the most appropriate responses and then click on Next.
- Restart the Computer once the Restore process is completed.
Solution 3: Use Reimage Repair tool
Reimage Repair tool is a free to download application which can scan, detect and repair the errors that show up in diagnose. This tool is capable of removing all malicious contents from your QuickBooks.
- Download the Reimage Repair tool.
- Go to the downloads folder.
- Double click on the setup file to run the installation process.
- If you get the User Account Control prompt on your screen then choose click.
- Run the Automatic scan on your computer.
- You must have an active and stable Internet Connection to run this tool.
- This tool will spontaneously run a preliminary scan on your computer to check for anomalies in the data file.
- When the scanning process is completed the tool will show you the areas which are affected on your computer and also repair them.
- Click on the Repair button to start the repairing process.
These are the solutions and steps that are recommended by the QuickBooks Experts to fix the QuickBooks Error C=1304. These have been tried and tested on several test subjects and almost always have produced positive results.
QuickBooks 24×7 Support Services
If the solutions did not work for you or if you need any kind of help with the steps then call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-557-6950 and get help from the Intuit Certified QuickBooks Experts who have been working in this industry for over a decade.
You can also use the Live Chat Support on our website 247phonenumber.com. Both the Support line number and the Live Chat Support are active 24 hours on all days. So if you are facing an error or issue right now then just get in touch with the Experts and let them fix the issue for you so that you can get back to your business swiftly.