What To Do When QuickBooks Does Not Open?
It has been reported by QuickBooks Users that they are facing the catch -22 issue. They are trying to restore a backup on their QuickBooks but fail to open QuickBooks.
In this article, we are going to discuss this issue in depth and also provide you with steps to resolve it.
The reason why catch -22 is active on your QuickBooks is that your QuickBooks Company file got damaged in the last work session. It might be due to unforeseen circumstances like power failure, network failure or a hardware problem with your computer. If your computer is shut down forcefully without closing your QuickBooks Company files first.
If your QuickBooks Company file damaged so much that it can’t be opened by QuickBooks, you will get an error message on your screen and it will be automatically closed.
These are the possible culprits behind QuickBooks Freezing on your screen, QuickBooks not responding to your commands or just closing down itself:
- The name of your company file is not of suitable length.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is missing or damaged.
- There is corruption on your Hard-drive.
- The essential Program files are damaged on your system.
- Your QuickBooks is outdated.
- Your Windows Operating System is damaged.
Unable To Open QuickBooks Company File
If your QuickBooks is closing itself unexpectedly in the middle of a process or task then you need to contact the QuickBooks Experts. If you are encountering this same error while working in the Bank feeds section of QuickBooks, check the error QuickBooks has stopped working in the bank feeds.
How to Fix QuickBooks Is Not Opening?
We recommend six solutions for this resolving this specific error:
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool and run it on your computer.
- Temporarily deactivate your Anti-virus/Anti-adware/Anti-Malware or your Firewall.
- Search for the files EntitlementDataStore.ecml and QBWUSER.INI and rename them.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
- Move your Company file to a different location and try to access it from QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key on your Keyboard. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Accounts and create a new User with administrator rights.
These are the solutions that Intuit recommends to follow. Follow the solutions in the chronological order they are given. Proceed to the next solution if the solution does not resolve the problem.
If the solutions did not resolve the issues, then you need to immediately report the matter to the QuickBooks Customer Care Support. The QuickBooks specialists will run some tests on your QuickBooks to find the real culprits behind this problem and then they will fix it so that you can get back to work. You can contact the QuickBooks Experts via the telephonic number, the live chat option on our website or send an email directly to them.
Get Help For QuickBooks Cannot Open Error
We have always believed in providing the best Customer Support Services and our priority has always been the User Experience. That is why we only hire the most experienced and Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors to help our customers. Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Support Number to have a conversation with one of our QuickBooks Specialists.
At 247PhoneNumber.com, we are capable of resolving all the errors and issues on the first call itself. We understand the importance of time and that is why every case is a priority case for us. Give us a call when you are stuck with a transaction or missing an invoice, trying to set up the bank feed or sending a report. You can dial our number for any query, question, problem, issue or error related to QuickBooks. Our toll-free number is available 24×7 and we look forward to talking to you.