Are you wondering what this QuickBooks Error 15201 doing on your screen and how you can get rid of it? Well, you have now reached the best place to get detailed how-to guides for every QuickBooks Error and Issue. In this article, we will explain what caused the QuickBooks Update Error 15201 to pop-up on your screen and also show you all the steps that you can follow to fix error 15201.
If you are in a hurry and need this error to be fixed quickly then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 and let the QuickBooks ProAdvisors fix the error.
Why You Are Facing This Error?
- QuickBooks download is either damaged or corrupted.
- A virus is active on your workstation.
- QB facing problems with registry files.
Symptoms Of QB Error 15201
- QuickBooks is not responding to the commands provided.
- QuickBooks is crashing frequently or QuickBooks aborting
- QuickBooks has stopped working and you get the error on your screen.
- You are not able to update your Company Data file.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15201?
Solution 1: Install a digital signature certificate
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and search for QBW32.exe.
- Or go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- If QBW32.EXE does not show up during the initial search, tap on the link for More Results in the Windows Search option.
- Now, tap on your Computer icon.
- Locate QBW32.EXE that has a Type of Application in the search results.
- Right-click QBW32.exe, and choose Properties.
- Click on the Digital Signature option.
- Verify that Intuit, Inc. is chosen in the signature list.
- Click on Details.
- Go to the Digital Signature Details tab and then click on View Certificate.
- Now, choose Install Certificate.
- Keep on clicking Next until Finish is shown.
- Click on Finish.
- Reboot your computer and Open QuickBooks again.
- Download the update again.
Solution 2: Configure your Firewall
Configure your Firewall or Anti-virus to see that they are not interfering with incoming and outgoing internet access of your QuickBooks. If your firewall is not configured to allow QB files then you will not be able to download updates and get errors on your screen like the Error 15227 and QB Error 15221. Click here to read how you configure your Firewall: Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Re-install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
If none of the solutions worked for you then the last option is to re-install your QuickBooks using in the selective startup mode. Do not worry as we have also covered it and you read it by clicking here: Clean Install QuickBooks In Selective Startup
QuickBooks Support For Error Code 15201
These steps are recommended by Intuit QuickBooks Experts for resolving the QuickBooks update error 15201. In a scenario, none of the solutions worked for you in fixing the QB error 15201, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 and talk to the experts directly.